Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Experimental Travel

I'm reading a book called The Lonely Planet Guide to Experimental Travel. One of the experiments is to spend 24 hours living in an airport. I'm counting that one as completed, although I'm not quite to 24 yet. I'm ready to board my flight to Perth and I'm still not bored of all the wonders of the Changi Airport. I found a lovely reclining chair to sleep in, then woke myself up with a free massage in one of those leather full-body massage chair. I started off my day with coffee and a muffin before catching a free tour into Singapore. We had a 2 hour guided coach tour including a 20 minute boat ride on the river! Afterwards I did some shopping and watched some movies & TV. I walked through the orchid garden and the rooftop sunflower garden. And the highlight of my day was looking at a display of hundreds of Barbies dressed up by local designers :) Before I knew it, it was time to reclaim my "lost" luggage and check in again! Whew!

Posted by Kathleen @ 4:42 PM