Saturday, August 06, 2005

A Perfect Day

Life in Perth is peachy. This morning I grabbed some coffee and wandered over to the Perth mint. I found it extraordinarily entertaining (yes, I'm weird). For example, did you know that all of the gold ever found in the history of the world would fit inside a three bedroom house? Yes, that's why it costs so much, I suppose. I got to see gold being poured and discovered that my weight's worth in gold is over 1.6 million dollars. My afternoon was spent in Freemantle, a gorgeous city right on the water. It was a bustling Saturday in the markets and cafes, but not overcrowded. I looked through the shops and even got a Jamba Juice equivalent (Carole knows how exciting that was for me!) I sat along the jetty overlooking a perfect beach in what I consider perfect weather and thought that life just doesn't get any better. For some reason I love the water, and found myself just sitting in the sand with a coffee for hours. Everywhere I looked was stunning- I hope my camera captured it. On the way home I did some great shopping (I can't go into detail because it involves Carole's presents) and got back to the hostel in time for dinner and a good book. Oh, and the best part of today? I got asked for directions 4 times!!! This is the ultimate compliment for a traveller: to be mistaken for a local. I had the joy of answering "I'm a tourist too, but..."

Posted by Kathleen @ 8:15 PM