Monday, February 13, 2006
First Day of School
I feel very apathetic about the start of a new semester. I'm not exactly thrilled to be back, but I know I have a good spring ahead of me. The "new FuHsing" is wonderful: both the elementary and junior high are in new and connected buildings. And I am one of the lucky ones to be teaching all my Advanced English classes in the students' actual classrooms. The main bonus is having computer, internet and powerpoint in every class. I love my powerpoint! I think it's because I learn best visually, and I find the students respond well to it: both through pictures and being able to see the words as the teacher lectures. The other foreign teachers have been relegated to miniature basement rooms with crowded desks and a white board tossed in there. One girl is even in the old building (which is deserted and will be torn down before the end of the semester). My only classes today were my grade ones. My task was to explain Valentines Day and teach them a poem...Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Sugar is Sweet
And so are you!
Allen's response? "Nooo, teacher: violets are dark purple!"
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home