Monday, February 13, 2006

RENT

RENT came to Taipei! Of course the tickets were drastically overpriced, but I couldn't help myself. I even dragged roommate Amber along for the ride. Our cheap seats were way up in the rafters, and we spent the first have of the show trying to figure out who was who and which person was singing! Also, one of my big Taiwan pet-peeves is the way people watch theater here- they lean way forward. Imagine sitting high up in a balcony... You can usually see pretty well. But, what would happen if the person in front of you leaned all the way forward over the chair in front of them? Yep, total blockage. I go crazy when this happens, especially if the culprit keeps weaving back and forth. Grrr. So, always a Gilroy, I scoped out some of the many empty seats on the main floor and ran down during intermission. Perfect seats- we could see everthing and really enjoyed the whole musical.

Posted by Kathleen @ 4:46 PM