Wednesday, February 15, 2006

They've Got Personality!

A random picture (I'm pulling them from the files)
Past "hump day" (as my co-workers call it). Thankfully, I no longer have to teach my three grade 9 classes, so Thursday and Friday are both smooth sailing. And then it's the weekend and I can finally figure out what on earth I am going to do for Advanced English. My biggest surprise in switching from travel class is how much more personality shows in these kids. I can finally communicate on an equal plane and feel like they understand my jokes. Of course, the fact that they are cracking jokes of their own on the first day of class might be a sign of chaotic things to come. Carole's approach seemed to be: "At least the chaos is in English!"

Anyone feel like helping me make a decision? I'm not about to sit around waiting for a call from the police that my camera/wallet/cellphone have been found (and even if they did find it, they probably wouldn't call and tell me in English). I have it narrowed down to two choices for a new digital camera. If you have any advice or opinions, post a comment!

I use my camera mostly for fast point and shoot, although I like to play around a little to get a nicely colored shot (flash, etc). My choices are a Kodak C360 or a Konica KD410 (aka Minolta G500). The Kodak is very easy to use and takes either a special battery or two AAs: this is GREAT for travelling when it's impossible to recharge. Its about $285 CAD. The Konica has a fancy pants battery but is cheaper at $170 CAD. It has many more options for adjusting and manually setting the camera. Both cameras have really good reviews online- great pictures, good start up and shutter times. Ahh, decisions.

Posted by Kathleen @ 9:18 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Kathy - I loved your Allen comment about Violets - it made me laugh. And you're right, my kids (okay they're yours) do have so much personality. Reign them in or they'll get too comfortable.

And for cameras, GET ONE WITH AA batteries. THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION. I BELIEVE VERY STRONGLY in this. If the Kodak is the best out of the ones with AA, get it, although I'm partial to Canon myself. I suppose Kodak is moving up.

Posted by Blogger Carole @ 6:53 PM #
 
<< Home