Thursday, February 23, 2006

Today's English Challenge

I have taken on the job of grammar checker for the Chinese English teachers. There questions are usually quite tricky, and I enjoy the challenge of thinking it out. This was today's question:

Sentence: This year is the year of the dog _______ the Chinese calendar.
(A) in (B) on

What do you think and why? (I know they both sound right). Post a comment!

Posted by Kathleen @ 10:05 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I vote "in." If the Chinese calendar were hanging on my wall and I could circle the date, it'd be "on." Because it's a little more abstract, I'd say, in the Chinese calendar.

That said, I haven't taught English for over a year, so I've probably off my game, preposition wise.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 6:41 AM #
 

I agree with Mo: "in".
She's smart, I trust her!

Posted by Blogger Michelle @ 10:31 PM #
 
<< Home