Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Beautiful Saturday

I woke up to a beautiful Taiwan day: something of a rariety, I've found. I can usually rationalize spending the entire weekend inside... too cold, too rainy, too hot, too sunny, typhoons, and so on. But today was a gorgeous 20 C and sunny (but not too sunny) so I headed out to explore. The highlight of my day was buying theatre tickets. Carole and I always had a policy to go to the theatre at least once a month: tickets are very affordable and there are amazing choices. On the bill for April: Cloudgate, Carmina Burana (both modern dance) and Chekhov's Shorts (all I know is it's in English :) On a less artistic note, I went to see the movie Casanova. Is that newly open at home too? My opinion: just okay. I'd definately recommend it if you've been to Venice or really like either of the main actors, though. I probably should have seen one of the several oscar nominated movies still playing... more bang for my buck.

Posted by Kathleen @ 7:29 PM