Sunday, March 19, 2006
Saturday Shopping
As a rule, I really shouldn't let myself out of the apartment on weekends: it's way to easy to spend money in this consumer driven city. Of course, I've used wandering around and window shopping for introvert relaxation in every city I've lived in. My first stop was the bookstore. I found one book that made me smile and laugh so much as I read through it, that I decided I should just buy it. It's a little bit cheesy, but I love some of the things they suggest. They also have crazy forms to fill out when you accomplish things.
Beside this book on the table was a more intellegent book. And, because it was a great bargain, I bought it too. I feel very overwhelmed by fiction in the bookstore. I really don't even know where to start. I'll take any suggestions for authors or titles! I'll let you know how this one goes.
Last purchase... an amazing CD by Amos Lee. I heard one of his songs and have been on a quest to get his debute album. I wholeheartedly recommend this. It's on the mellow side (some people combared the songs to Norah Jones), but his voice is incredible.
Okay, that's it for right now. My BodyBalance Class starts soon at the gym, and I've been dressed in my gym clothes all morning so I'd have no opportunity to back out. After that, I'll spend the day trying to dodge roommates and get some introvert time!
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home