Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring

Spring is definately here! I feel like I missed winter, though. Last winter in Taipei was insanely cold: we walked around in three layers of clothing and needed heat lamps to keep from shivering in our living room. This winter is entirely the opposite! I can count the days I've had to wear a winter coat on one hand, and all my gorgeous scarves are laying idle in the closet. Yes, I probably am the only person in all of Taipei who is mourning this fact.


So this is my board. My baby. I designed it and spent a lot (way, way too much) time cuting out and drawing all the extras. The other grade one teacher chose her classes' best bears and helped me put it up. When Carole and I worked together she just left me alone because she knew it was my creative project; but I couldn't exactly tell the other teacher to get lost, or that she was "doing it wrong", could I? It's not perfect, but we tried to fit as many weather bears up there as possible. My kids drew all the cute ones with colorful backgrounds :)

This is proof how talented "my kids" are. Look at Brian's Spring Bear! The one next to it is what I would consider traditional, but Brian made his bear blue, with an orange raincoat. Not only is the bear splashing in puddles (great display of action), he has owl's on each part of his raingear and the word "Owl" on his hat. Owls fly around him as the nasty clouds blow wind and pour rain respectively.

Posted by Kathleen @ 5:15 PM