Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Sustenance

Tuesday is always deathly for me. Most days I can't believe I make it through. And, although I never wanted to be one of those people who pay $4 for a cup of coffee, I have to admit that Starbucks is my livelihood. After a morning of two grade eight boys class and grade seven girls, I need a Grande triple-shot low-fat cappuccino to keep me going through three grade five classes and a 1 1/2 hour class entertaining 15 grade one kids. So I think of Starbucks as my "happy place" and all the employees know my name and my drink of choice (usually just drip coffee). I'm really going to have to get over this addiction when I leave Taiwan, though... I'll be a poor, poor woman.
Read or Post a Comment
If it's any consolation, I'm cutting out coffee cold turkey this week. I had one each and every day last week, and gallons of the stuff on the weekend. It's far too much for me and my pocket book, so I'm taking a week off. So far, no headache or withdrawal symptoms...