Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Time to Breathe
Well, it's the end of a long Wednesday, which unfortunately follows an unending Tuesday and a crazy Monday, so it's never much of an thrill. Tonight I can relax, though, because the students have their section tests for the next two days and we have afternoons off. Whew- I've been realizing lately that I really, really need a breather- enough time off that I can finish my to-do list and actually relax by myself. Today I had five classes and one lesson plan. I bought a board game in Canada called "You Gotta Be Kidding" and the kids just loved it! It basically consists of "Would you Rather...?" questions and silly challenges. For example...
Would you rather eat a raw goldfish and chew it?
or
Lick the bottoms of a man's dirty, smelly feet?
Would you rather have to do all of your homework tonight with your pen taped to your elbow?
or
With your pen taped to your nose?
At the end of the day, I was exhausted, but I don't ever think I've heard my students laugh so much. They got really into the game so behavior wasn't an issue, and they really had heaps of fun (which was my goal- de-stress time before their tests).
Read or Post a Comment
fantastic pic Kathy...from your Aunt Evelyn