Monday, April 24, 2006

Globe Trekker

This weekend I had another fun experience in Taiwan. My favourite TV channel here is Travel & Living (featuring things like Project Runway, While you Were Out and the travel shows). Most of you probably know Globe Trekker (aka Pilot Guides in Canada) and one of the best hosts, Ian Wright. Well, he was in Taipei this weekend and I went to the big Eslite bookstore for the show. I was proud of myself just for finding out about it! The commercial was in Chinese except for the website address. The website was in Chinese, so I had to use an online translator just to get the gist of it. Then I had to print out the Chinese and get a teacher to tell me where and when to go. Whew! I lined up for an hour (#165 out of about 400, not all of whom got in). I had a great seat and it was a hilarious two hours. He showed pictures, answered questions and seemed to generally be taking a rip out of the Taiwanese people (I was one of about 10 Caucasians who probably got that British humour). It was definitely worth it to listen to incredible travel stories. Actually, it would probably be worth it to hear anyone speak in English for two hours!

Posted by Kathleen @ 8:00 PM