Friday, April 07, 2006
The MIRACLE of Technology
Okay, so I consider myself somewhat tech savvy, but this is boggling my mind! Right now I am sitting in my bedroom, on the third floor along an alley in Taiwan and I am using the internet without plugging anything in or paying anything. I always thought wireless was some exclusive club, or it was really hard to find, but no! This is SO fun!How, you may ask, do I have wireless internet access? I bought a new laptop. I am the proud owner of a beautiful new midrange notebook computer. The price was right and it's ten trillion times better than my old laptop. You see, I bought the old one off Carole and she bought it from someone else. About six different things were broken, so I took it in to try and upgrade some things. Pretty quickly I realized that it would be a better value to just get a new one.
You may also remember my ipod nano. This is a pretty characteristic "Kathleen" move. I get a really great deal (or in this case, free) and then proceed to spend triple what I've saved to make it work. For example, I'll get a fabulous skirt on sale and then have to buy an expensive sweater to match it. Oh well, at least this computer will get many years of use. I'm already emotionally attached to it.
Read or Post a Comment
Congrats on your big purchase. Exciting.