Sunday, April 02, 2006
A Normal Saturday
Well, it's one of my favorite times of the week- the weekend. I find I like to stay pretty close to home, and that the most relaxing things involve doing nothing, all by myself. Usually once a weekend I'll go out shopping or to see a movie, and yesterday morning I visited the Orchid Market. I love everything about the Orchid Market except the crowds, so I go early on Saturday (early being any time before 11am in Taipei). There are all types of plants and flowers alongside every variety of orchid you can imagine. And, of course, everything is very cheap. Orchids here are so hearty that these will last for a month without water or anything. And they don't fade, they just pop off the stem one day and die.
The other best part of the weekend is Saturday afternoons. This is the view of my window of the apartment block across the street. We call this man the Orchid man because he is always tinkering with the faded orchids hanging around his house. I guess if you keep the stems they re-blossom eventually (I, for one, don't have the patience). Two floors above him, directly across from my window, lives a man with a great talent. We're pretty sure he must play violin for the symphony or something: he is so talented. So, I sit in the living room, or have a nap in my bedroom listening to gorgeous violin concertos floating in with the breeze.
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home