Sunday, April 16, 2006

Random Notes

I came out the front door this morning to this scene. On the left is our alley cat: I like to think that he kills all the cockroaches and rats back there. On the right are the neighbors' birds. I hate these guys... especially when I'm trying to take a nap on a Saturday afternoon. I watched the scene play out for a few minutes; the cat sitting unflinchingly still waiting for the right moment. I couldn't help but wish him success!



And speaking of cats, Amber and I went to see a Chinese opera! I knew beforehand that I wouldn't really like it (I think it really does sound like cats in pain sometimes). Wanna imagine the music? Plug your nose and sing "ee-ei-ea-yoo-eee-be" in your highest voice. Now imagine three hours of that. Whew. The story was supposed to be a Taiwanese Phantom of the Opera, so we had some idea of what was going on. Even so by the end of it, I was wavering between absolute boredom and wanting to pull out my hair.

Posted by Kathleen @ 10:28 PM