Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Great Read

I finished this book during lunch at the French resturant (it's terribly overpriced, but it you squint your eyes and ignore the Chinese language, it feels like Paris). I was tearing up and trying to keep from bawling in public. It's not particulary a sad story, but by the end I just felt so attached to the main characters.
I picked up this book solely based on the cover (As Michelle explained to me, jacket design is crucial!) On the back, I read
"...The girls are conjoined twins, connected inseperably, facing the world side by side. As Rose and Ruby speak, and as their stories unfold, diverge, and intertwine, the novel charts the depths of a miraculous friendship, unsettling and beautiful in its closeness. The Girls aims at the heart of human experience and celebrates the fundamental joy of connection." (The Girls by Lori Larsens published by Little, Brown and Company, New York)
So I bought it and loved it. The story is well written and engaging, I highly recommend it (especially for twins :)

Posted by Kathleen @ 1:56 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Me, too! I thought it'd be too weird reading about conjoined twins, but you just get to know them...

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:27 AM #
 

I too loved this book. It was published by Knopf in Canada last fall. It's fresh--a spring release--from Little Brown in the US.

I'm so glad you liked it Kathy! I did too, and thought of you both when I read it.

Posted by Blogger Michelle @ 4:02 AM #
 
<< Home