Sunday, June 18, 2006
Football MADNESS!
Right now my life is consumed with work and football. The World Cup is everywhere, and the display at 101 was crazy (actually this is all just a big advertisement, like everything else in Taipei!) The games start at 9 pm here, so I don't get to watch a whole lot, or else I have a miserable day at work. As for work, one more week of the semester. Crazy. I'm also stressed out about coming back next semester. Everything was looking great until I was given a miserable contract. I meet with the head honchos tonight, and I 'll see what happens. The sad thing is that I really, really, really want to stay and teach another year at my school. I'm not at all in the mental mindset to leave Taiwan and I didn't say goodbye to my students. And, on top of it all, I would have no idea what to do next! Even so, there comes a point where enough is enough. If I sign this contract I'll spend the next year in constant fear of paycuts, extra work hours or getting fired. I suppose the phrase "selling your soul to the devil" is a bit too harsh.More to come.

Read or Post a Comment
<< Home