Thursday, June 29, 2006
Hot, hot, hot
Walking back to work today after lunch the belltower read 39 degrees Celsius.39.
That's not including the heat of the psycho sun or the cursed humidity.
Talk about a bad day. It's been hot like this for the last couple weeks and no doubt it will continue all summer. I step outside and immediately start sweating. I spend most of my day drenched from eyelid to ankle. Can I make it?
Read or Post a Comment
You're doing a good job of making Taiwan sound very unappealing right now. I'll try to remember this when I start getting my sentimental moments and wishing I was back in Taipei.
sorry about that flood - that's so worst case scenario. When your possessions encompass pretty much your sense of 'home' having them threatened is stressful. Is everything okay? You going to move into my room? I had a tree!
Kathy - I see you're changing your blog. Suggestion - download a cool font for your title. Then edit the header image in paint or something and add the title with your cool font. Save the image and upload to photobucket, then change the html to have that image as your header and take out the generic lettering. Oh, and maybe move both your main column and sidebar column to the right, Mom and Dad say it's hard to read your posts because of the blue swirls.
LOL... Kathy! I was just bored and clearing out my "favorites" when i ran across your and Carole's bloggs (ok, i have never come across anyone as insanely devoted to their bloggs as you two!)... anyway i just wanted to tell you that i think you look so much like carole in your profile picture! (well, more than you have in the past)
I hope you are both doing well. Now that i know i can just leave little messages i may be popping in from time to time to say hi!
Goodness, everytime i think of you two i'm flooded with happy childhood memories. (i.e. remember when your mom made boiled potatoes and i thought you were crazy when you put ranch salad dressing on it? Anyway, then i moved down south and they put that stuff on everything!)
Thank you for that.
Maral