Sunday, June 11, 2006

My Secret Weapon

Well, as much as I whine and mope about not knowing what to do in difficult situations, I have the most incredible secret weapon. Can you guess what it is? I realized today that some people would probably spend thousands of dollars for this.

My sister! I have someone who has been in exactly the same situations, and who knows me pretty much inside out. More than that she has the added priviledge of hindsight and being a few steps removed. Yes, I am a lucky duck. Last night she told me exactly what to say to the boss (walking a very thin line in order to keep my job and hold onto my self-respect) and gave some help on the other issue too.

I may not mention it enough, but having a twin sister is by far the greatest thing a person can have. Even when she is continents away, I am more confident and content just knowing she exists and will always be there for me. So I proclaim this an unofficial Sisters Day and sorry if the rest of you feel jealous (it’s only natural!)

Posted by Kathleen @ 7:02 PM