Saturday, June 03, 2006

So That's Why...

Well, another weekend is here. Thank goodness. School is fine, but these last few weeks I have felt beaten by "culture stress" (I learned all about that in university, but it's so different actually trying to deal with it). Even so, I'm in the middle of negotiations to stay another year, and everything looks pretty promising. A few days ago, I led the weekly foreign teacher meeting at the school (which is basicly just the girls in the apartment and our supervisors). I decided to give a personality test and talk about how that links into teaching style and so on. Well, not that I was surprised, but the results were drastic. If you know me, you know I am 110% an introvert (gain energy from being alone) and a strong ISTJ (I know this site is a Star Trek test, and fear not, my trekkie days are behind me, but the definition is the best I've found). And my roommates are all the oppostite. Two are direct opposite (ENFP) and the other two are opposite in all areas but one (ENTP and ESFP). Ahh, finally an explanation for why I am "learning" so much this semester in the apartment. Everyone really enjoyed the test, and if you haven't taken a Myers Briggs personality test, you might get a kick out of it. But, as my dear cousin M once reminded me, a personality test is not an excuse for your limitations and should not be relyed on too much (and she's right!)

Posted by Kathleen @ 12:19 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Well, that explains why we do well as a family. I am a strong IFTJ and your Dad is a ISFJ.au

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:28 PM #
 

Opps, a mistake! Your Mom is the same as you..ISTJ not iftj

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:31 PM #
 

Who's the someone? I'm just curious.

Oh, and in case anyone cares, I'm mostly the same as Kathy, but a feeler not a thinker (which is why she's better with money, not as many impulse or emotional buys).

Posted by Blogger Carole @ 10:36 PM #
 

Oh and for the record, I'm already feeling defense towards someone . That sounds like something an extrovert would say to try to make you more extroverted. But do we go around telling extroverts to shut up, think before they speak and spend time by themselves? No. Rant, rant, rant.

Posted by Blogger Carole @ 10:38 PM #
 
<< Home