Friday, June 16, 2006
Today's Entertainment
I've always considered myself pretty easy to entertain; it doesn't take much and I don't need a lot of variety. I remember only a few times when I was bored stiff (mostly, um, when I was homeschooled in highschool!) And the most mundane projects make me happy.Today after work officially finished (we're allowed to leave at 4pm if we don't have classes), I decided to color. In the hopes of looking un-pathetic, I enlarged some worksheets that I could laminate and use in the future for grade one. I grabbed my markers and de-compressed after a long week. By the way, Mary Engelbreit has wonderful printables (Carole, you'll love them!)
At the same time, I found an great myspace site where I could stream and watch the first episode of the fifth season of 24 (Don't get your hopes up, you have to pay for the rest of the episodes). Randomly enough, it's provided by... Burger King? So with that in the background, I worked tirelessly in the office till well after 5.
My other new addiction is a Yahoo Game called Cake Mania. I really only suggest this if you don't mind devoting time to mindless pursuits. You get to bake cakes, ice and decorate them and keep the customers happy: does it get any better? Yes, I had to buy it, but it's the little things in life, right?
Tonight I had a ticket to see Rain. It's a bit hard to find out about shows beforehand, so I usually just buy a ticket and hope for the best. This turned out to be a Belgium postmodern dance. And, although I love most forms of dance, including contemporary dance, I must say I'm still on the fence when it comes to postmodern dance. It consisted of an intriguing but simplistic set, intriguing but simplistic costumes and 12 dancers walking in lines and literally running in circles. Hmmm. Still, it was visually stunning and I'll take any excuse to dress up for an evening at the theatre.
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home