Thursday, June 29, 2006
Wet, wet, wet
What a morning. I was dressed and heading out to school when I noticed a puddle in the hall. On careful examination, I realized there was water in the bathroom too, but it wasn't flowing over the barrier, it was coming out of the floor. Yipes. To make a long story short, water seeped out from under the wall that separates my bedroom from the bathroom until the bathroom was damp and my room was soaked. The water spread so quickly, it was crazy. I just had time to grab everything off the floor before the water was under my bed and an inch by the wall. A frantic call to my supervisor at work and lots of help from my roommates kept things under control for about 15 minutes while the water kept coming. We had towels, dustpans, buckets and mops going while I emptied my room. A guy from the school finally came, only to look around, shake his head, walk out to the laundry room to make a call then come back in to say "Big Problem" and leave. He'll be back with reinforcements, I hope. The water stopped, but I'm not looking forward to the clean up (especially if they tear down the wall). All the other girls were remarking how glad they were just to be getting out of this crazy country (leaving tomorrow or Tuesday) and I probably don't have to say how I was feeling!
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home