Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wow

Well, I don't like to put pictures of my students in here (for security reasons), so I guess I'll just have to brag about their artwork! I was amazed by this drawing! The assignment was to choose what you want to be when you grow up and draw a picture. Most of the kids drew lovely realistic pictures of teachers, astronauts and police officers. Sean wanted to be a scientist, and this is what he drew. Every time I walked past him there was a new detail. I think it's pretty incredible for grade one.
Because, who says a scientist needs to be in a lab? Who says he can't be floating in a raft with a cat in the jungle?

Posted by Kathleen @ 4:07 PM

Read or Post a Comment

That's so impressive. I couldn't draw that. And I love that the cat is driving the boat and that sean has blonde hair!

Posted by Blogger Carole @ 10:31 PM #
 

Fantastic...the indication of motion of the boat...the green hand??..and the neck opening on his lab coat...Wow is right!(aunt evelyn)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:50 AM #
 

Yes, I was going to comment on the blond hair too. There are lessons on hair and eye color in each of my text books... and activities to make a chart with how many of each in the class. But... everyone has black hair and black eyes. A useless exercise.

Posted by Blogger Jill @ 9:27 PM #
 
<< Home