Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Daily Notes
Today is another crazy day in Taipei. A typhoon is crossing the middle of the island, I have a third and final new roommate, I'm going to a Black Eyed Peas outdoor concert tonight (could be very interesting if the typhoon shows up as planned) and I'm officially rich. To begin, the new roommate is from Philadelphia, and is also named Kathleen. She seems great, and we all feel like it's going to be a fantastic year (Carole is sooo jealous).
Today's one stress was the dentist. For someone who has spent a lot of time at the dentist and orthodontist's office, I still get really nervous. The dentist speaks great English and I make him explain everything. Today was filling #3. Next week, I go back for the last one. I figure this is retribution for a childhood of candy (well worth it, I say). The dentist is really high tech, high quality and the total cost for three visits and four fillings? Under $20 CAD.
I also took a trip to the bank. I had to deposit my earnings from summer camp and my tax refund. Combine that with the savings I'd built up, and I feel like a very wealthy woman! Especially considering the level of lifestyle I've been living at this year... I certainly haven't been scrimping and saving. Hopefully, if I do scrimp and save this year, I will have more than enough in the bank when I'm ready for my masters. I had to sign and put my account number on the back of the refund checks. I handed them to her, she looked at them, shook her head saying "No, silly foreigner..." (actually she didn't say the "Silly foreigner" part, but it was definitely implied), "You have to sign like this." I had to put Nickle Kathleen Ruth.
Read or Post a Comment
Kathy - your blog takes really long to load - I think it's because you have too many posts on your main page. Why don't you check your settings in blogger and only put a weeks worth of posts on your main page? Carole