Saturday, July 15, 2006

Well... That's Different.

I was riding the bus to camp last week and snapped this while we were waiting at a red light. There's a big funeral compound that consists of temple looking buildings of all sizes, and sometimes we see processional trucks covered in yellow flowers. This was the first time I saw this thing (actually there were two). Who wants a plain old hearse when you can travel in style?

And this is a picture to help you understand my dinner options here. I actually quite enjoy this Taiwanese "take out". First you go to a street vendor and pick out what you want. I stick with the safety vegetables and noodles, although there seem to be a whole range of mystery meats and tofu for the brave. They put in yummy mystery sauces and there you have dinner! I just take it home and eat it out of the bag with chopsticks. Who ever heard of eating dinner out of a bag? Don't you just love chopsticks!

Posted by Kathleen @ 11:25 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I really miss chopsticks - I don't think I used them for months. I'll have to make some noodles and use those chopsticks I got as a present from a student. I wouldn't want to have my skills get rusty.

Posted by Blogger Carole @ 8:58 PM #
 
<< Home