Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bad, bad teacher

It's hard to believe, but school starts tomorrow! In 10 hours, I will be standing in front of my first second grade class of the semester. And in about 14 hours I will be standing in front of my first high school class ever. I will be teaching English novels to the very first grade ten class of Fuhsing (this is the first year they've opened the high school). I was super nervous, but thankfully I am teaching with a more experienced (and laid back) Taiwanese English teacher. We had a meeting this afternoon and realized both have us have read... get this.. none of the novel we are supposed to introduce tomorrow. And I have prepared... get this... none of the worksheet that I have to give them. I think everyone would agree that this is quite uncharacteristic of me, but thankfully I am ready for my grade one, grade two, grade five travel, and grade 6, 7, 8 & 9 Advanced English classes!

Nobody's perfect.

Posted by Kathleen @ 10:15 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Never fear - the salvation of procrastinating students can also be used by teachers:

Spark Notes has everything you ever needed to know about Holes:
http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/holes/

That should at least give you the appearance of preparation!

Good luck - I'm jealous!

Posted by Blogger Carole @ 3:30 AM #
 
<< Home