Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lucky Me!

First of all, to anyone out there with Skype, I am officially "ready." I successfully talked to Carole (and Dad) this morning and this afternoon, I invested in a webcam and discreet earphone/mic combo. I'm hoping that I will be able to chat a bit in the mornings when I get to work (nighttime in North America). Or anytime during the day if you live in Asia (Jill?)

And even better news: I have my own classroom. I am thrilled to bits. In the past, I went to the students homeroom (the students would split between several classrooms) and had to deal with broken computers, dirty floors and whatever else. This year there was talk of moving a class into the (horrible) basement classrooms, but they ended up offering a beautiful, huge 7th floor classroom. It's located between the new grade 10 class and the Principal and Board of Directors offices. So, I guess it made sense for them to put Advanced English (supposedly the most well behaved) up there. I'll have (at most) 25 kids in a classroom that usually holds 50. Other classes have 45 kids in a much smaller room (boys classes that they wouldn't dare put near the principal's office :)

So, if you care, here are some pics of the new classroom (I'm really hoping desks will turn up before my first class!)

(This is the 7th floor patio outside my classroom)

Posted by Kathleen @ 4:15 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Congrats Kathleen!

It looks wonderful. Hope you're enjoying the excitement as the days count down to the beginning of the school year.

Cheers!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 3:35 AM #
 
<< Home