Tuesday, August 08, 2006
An Ode to Singapore
Okay- it's official. Singapore is the best city in Asia. I have been to many wonderful cities in this continent, but Singapore takes the cake. And, considering that it is Singapore's National Day tomorrow, I thought I'd let everyone at home in on the wonder that is this city/nation/island. First of all, this place is a picture of diversity. Walking down the street you see people of all shapes, sizes and colors. Things like race, religion and language are somewhat of a non-issue. Of course, I'm just looking at the surface, but it seems like a great example of peaceful tolerance (something the world needs more of!) Also, these people know about food and they know about shopping. Singapore is a great fusion of East and West and it just works. I'll definitely be back.So, I found some great bargains today (and it's a good thing, because my feet are about to fall off). Everything from an inexpensive, good quality swimsuit to a favorite lipstick available only in expensive boutiques in America. And, of course, I had lots of yummy treats (I missed you Orange Julius and Dairy Queen!)
I'm quite proud of my purchases today at Borders. These should keep me going for the vacation, eh?

This is Carole's suggestion. Looks... educational?

I've seen this around everywhere and, yes, I love the cover. Having started it over dinner, I'm already hooked!

Okay, this is not quite as literary. This movie hasn't opened in Asia yet, so I figure I better read the book first! Everyone needs a silly novel for the beach, right?
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home