Monday, August 07, 2006

A Quick Post

Well, I'm going to make this quick because I'm using free internet at the hostel. I get sooo frustrated waiting for others to finish that I figure I'd better be quick. Anyway, safe and sound in Singapore! I spend the day at the zoo and did a tad of shopping (they have so many western stores and products that I miss in Taiwan).


Have I ever mentioned Jackfruit (Durian)? It's a horrible freak of nature. Just hideous. It stinks. I mean really stinks- infests the whole area around it. Today a guy got on the bus carrying a cut durian and the whole bus stunk. There's even a sign on buses and in public places in Asia: "No smoking, no food or drink and NO DURIAN!" Grrr. Everyone else seemed just as sickened as me. I've never actually tasted the fruit but I've heard that it tastes like it smells.


Now I'm all for interesting tropical fruits: dragonfruit is one of my favorites. It's so colorful on the outside and convenient to eat. I'm happy to try new things, but I'd say there's a limit, eh?

Posted by Kathleen @ 9:53 PM