Wednesday, September 20, 2006
The Foreign Teachers

Did you know that our official title at the school is the "Foreign English Teachers"?
Foreign adj. "alien in character; irrelevant or inappropriate; remote. "
synonyms: alien, barbaric, different, estranged, exiled, extraneous, far-fetched, imported, inaccessible, outlandish, strange.
I think instead of glossing it over, they should just call us the "Alien English Teachers." If someone has a question, tell them to ask the "Barbaric" teacher. Maybe the other "Imported" English teachers are working downstairs? Could someone please tell the "Outlandish" English teachers to follow dress code?
More often than not, I feel alien in this country...
I feel life is swirling around me and I don't understand an iota of it. Maybe that's part of the fun!
Read or Post a Comment
I know how you're feeling. Sometimes it just hits me, I'll stop what I'm doing,look around, and wonder what the heck I'm doing in this strange country.