Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's the Little Things...

I probably don't say it enough, but I am very proud to be a Canadian. Not in the "proud to be an American" kind of way, in an understated, "no big deal" kind of way. It really is the little things that make me proud.

I saw one of those cheesy questions on "Yahoo Answers" that someone had asked about the widest freeways. They were getting some stupid answers ("There are four going in each direction in parts of north carolina. ") So, after a quick search, I was proud to remind myself that, not only is Highway 401 the widest highway(18 lanes in some places), it is also the busiest highway in the world.

It's really not logical for that fact to make me this happy, but it does. I'm sure someone will have something to say about the amount of pollution and traffic deaths, but, by golly, I'm proud we do something big. And, you'd probably agree, I'm also proud that the Americans have absolutely no clue.

I would like to apologize in advance to any Americans reading this blog. You know I love you as individual people, right? My anti-American sentiment only applies to the collective.

Posted by Kathleen @ 4:37 PM