Friday, September 08, 2006
I've Fooled Them All!
This week I gave a lot of my classes a personality test. I love personality and find the tests intriguing. If you have a minute, try this test... (you could even post your answer in the comments! I'm a butter pecan)Ice Cream Personality Test

Nothing too stressful, eh? We had mixed reviews on the results, but it was fun! Anyway, I explained Introvert/Extrovert and told a story to help them understand. It's the end of a long week, you've been working hard and you're stressed. How you you relax and recharge? Be by yourself (read , draw, watch tv) or call up some friends for a party? I took a poll of the students and then asked them what they thought I was. Absolutely 100% of the students in every class said I was an extrovert! Ha! I am totally an introvert (to the point of weirdness, it might be argued). I was reminded that being a teacher ultimately comes down to being the consummate actress.
Whether it be hopping around and "zooping" to a Froggy story or giving an animated lecture on psychology... the real me just wouldn't cut it! Instead, students get something like the equivalent of me on five cups of coffee and three bags of candy. It's a beautiful thing (and I bet friends and family would be shocked at the other side of "Miss Nickle")
Read or Post a Comment
I feel like I was the same when I was on the cruise ship. We had to be energetic and exciting 110% of the time. I too had a lot of people fooled.
Luckily, my current job isn't so demanding, and I'm free to be my introverted self.