Wednesday, September 13, 2006

War Fatigue

Last night's meeting was a nightmare. Obviously I can't go into details, but you can probably guess. I tried to bring up good points and was shut up rudely. I left more angry than I have ever been in my entire life. I actually yelled (when venting to Julia). Of course, I didn't yell very loud, but that is one of the few times I have yelled at all. I think I even slammed my fist. I found out that my boss has found a loophole to potentially swindle me out of pay in January and February (and he hates me so much, I figure if there is potential, he'll exploit it). I'm starting the fight today.

Even worse is the deal he is giving to two of my roommates (both of which are talking about getting on a plane and going home) . I'm desperately hoping everything will work out because I would be horrified if they left. On the other hand, I understand completely the raw deal they are getting, and I would never blame them for walking away.

I can't believe this man is still in the position that he is in, and I can't believe that I am once again in the position of having to fight tooth and nail over a contract that has no legal logic (written by him in, I assume, intentionally vague terms). Just to be safe, I would like to clarify that this rant is directed at a person. I really feel that I work for an upright company (with a great president, v.p., etc.) and I work for the most wonderful school ever. Why, why can I not have a decent boss?

Maybe I would feel better if I started throwing things.

Not sure.

Posted by Kathleen @ 10:29 AM