Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday

I had a boy in grade two tell me this morning that my eyeliner made me look like a monster. Keeps me humble.

Later I had a grade nine student draw my portrait on her test after she finished it. Believe it or not, I look quite stunning in the Japanese anime style of drawing (which is a talent almost all children in Taiwan possess). I have wispy hair, inquisitive eyes and an "in-your-face" kind of stance. I love the pictures my students draw of me: I am always beautiful and usually have a scarf in my hair. I love the fact that they remember me with a scarf in my hair.

There is much more to say, but it is Friday night and I am tired. Tired in every way, weary in the soul. Thankfully I have wonderful friends, a trip to Costco and a weekend (albeit full of work) to cheer me up.

Posted by Kathleen @ 5:42 PM