Monday, November 27, 2006

The Beauty of the Arts

As most of you know, my life right now is overstuffed. The other day Julia and I were comparing our jobs to a big Jenga tower: our foundations are cracking from lack of sleep, extra hours tutoring and no time to ourselves. Yet it feels like work just keeps adding one more block to the tower... just waiting for the whole thing to crash. That day Dorcas asked me to create a Christmas play for grade eight as well as grade seven. J-J-J-Jenga.

After a hard day of teaching on Saturday (yes, Saturday- making up a government holiday we had off in October) I was ready for a dose of culture. Thankfully I had a ticket to the world premiere of Cloud Gate's performance of "Wind Shadow." I can't explain how wonderful it was, I won't even try. It was graceful and simple and complicated and scary and breathtaking all at once.

Posted by Kathleen @ 8:59 AM