Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"Christmas" Has Begun

Yes, it's that time of year again. While some may be reveling in mini Christmas trees, scented candles and mulled cranberry from Second Cup, I have begun the Christmas season of Fuhsing. I'm already in full panic mode, and we still have five weeks to go. And I thought I was having trouble handling my workload before!

One of my assignments is creating a short script for the Grade Two version of Hansel and Gretel. I can already tell it will be a massive hit. Of course, the story is "adapted" for innocent minds. Here is my rough draft for act three. You see, the evil witches who have captured Hansel and Gretel experience a sudden change of heart after hearing all the children sing "Can you Feel the Love Tonight"
Of course...
who wouldn't?

Narrator:
The witches listen to Hansel and Gretel's song and feel ashamed. They realize how lonely and sad they are without family or anyone to love them. They decide to be good witches and never to eat children again.
Witches:
We are so sorry!
Witch #1:
Christmas is a wonderful time of year: a time for love and family
Witch #2:
You can take some candy home as a present for your parents.
Hansel:
I'm glad you've become good witches. Why don't you come home with us for Christmas?
Gretel:

Yes, I can't wait to go home and see Mother and Father. Home is where the heart is.

Cheesy stuff, eh? Feel free to make any suggestions!

Posted by Kathleen @ 5:47 PM