Friday, November 10, 2006
Happy Friday
I had teaching nightmares last night. It was only the second time (the first was the night before my first day at Fuhsing). You guessed it: in my dream the grade ten kids were all standing up during class and I kept saying "Sit down, sit down, sit down" like a parrot. I taught again by myself today with bad, but not disastrous, results. I went straight to grade one and had to explain to the inquisitive boy in the front row why my back was wet! I said something about how when you get scared, sometimes you get hot. He wanted to know why I was scared, so I tried to explain that grade ten "big kids" are a lot scarier than grade one "little kids."Anyway, last weekend was a teachers' day. We went on a bus trip to Chiang Kai Shek's tomb and to a DIY shop. The girls are posing in the Chiang Kai Shek statue garden. It's a garden with literally hundreds of statues of the same person. Eerie.
This was the project Julia and I decided to make. Isn't that a beautiful mosaic picture frame?
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home