Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Day to Day

Random points:
- Last night, my tutee Marvin was working on his project for social studies. He needed to write an in-class essay and wanted to review beforehand. I usually really enjoy the things Marvin is learning, but it had been a painfully long and stressful day. I was so tired that at one point I was ready to tell Marvin "I'm just going to put my head down for one minute." The topic? The reactions of a Confucianist, Taoist and Legalist to the Qin Dynasty. An hour and a half of Chinese philosophy and history... zzzzz.

- Taipei is always under construction. I've decided it plays a large role in my subconscious stress level. There is constant and loud construction of a new school building (usually a banging directly above our office), a complete renovation at the gym, two skyscrapers going up on my walk to work, a new underground metro being put in a block away from us and never-ending road repair around my house. I don't know how people can stay placid when there's a jackhammer anywhere nearby.

Posted by Kathleen @ 5:08 PM

Read or Post a Comment

It's interesting to note at McDonalds an average worker will earn 90-120 NT an hour. That's a basic equivalent to minimum wage in Taipei. (120 is usually reserved for Supervisors.) You are blessed to have English as a Native Language.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:50 AM #
 
<< Home