Sunday, December 31, 2006

Movie Review

The girls and I went to see a movie last night: The Curse of the Golden Flower. I've done some research and it appears to be playing in Toronto and Halifax, so I thought I'd recommend it (interestingly, it was rated PG in Taiwan, but R in Canada!) There were some intense battle scenes when I had to cover my eyes.We had seen previews and were so excited when we sat down in the theatre (with our sweet popcorn- more popular than salty butter popcorn here). The movie started, the title played and the movie began... complete with Chinese subtitles (can anyone explain why they would need Chinese subtitles on a Chinese movie?) We looked at each other and laughed, but obviously couldn't leave for the sake of our pride. Maybe everyone else in the theatre assumed we were fluent? Anyway, the movie was stunning. The acting was incredible and the storyline was great(we figured out what was going on). It is by far the most captivating visual movie I've ever seen. You can read a review at Canada.com. If you like foreign movies or feel like a historical tragedy, I definitely recommend it. In other words: Carole, yes - Mom and Dad, no.

Posted by Kathleen @ 1:52 PM