Wednesday, January 17, 2007

25th Birthday

All I can say is thank goodness I have a ticket out of here, because I have reached the end of my sanity. I need a holiday: I'm fed up of noise and crowds and having no idea what is going on. I guess that's why they have winter break, because I don't know how teachers (or students for that matter) are supposed to go through from the end of August to the end of June with only a couple of days off. Sometimes I feel guilty that I get a month off while the Taiwanese junior high teachers are working, but I really just couldn't do it! Anyway, the birthday was fun. I think it was the first birthday without Carole when I didn't end up crying. Not that I miss Carole less, I just have a great group of girls. Louise, Julia, Kathleen and I headed out to KTV (karaoke) for some out-of-tune fun.
KTV is huge in Taipei, and you get your own room, microphones and leather couches.
I also dragged Julia ice skating at the arena. She did excellently for a first try, and didn't fall at all! I was so happy to skate again!
And to end off the night, dinner (actually all-day breakfast) at NY Bagels. I got wonderful, thoughtful gifts from each of the girls: Julia gave me a journal (shaped like a purse), necklace and made a movie of our last few months in Taipei (full of pictures and music). Louise made me a beautiful beaded necklace and earrings and Kathleen got me an anthology of travel stories and bookmarks. I just wanted to say because if you know me, you know how perfect those presents are! Who could have imagined how wonderful my roommates would be~ I never would have lasted through this semester if it weren't for them.

Posted by Kathleen @ 10:09 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Thanks for telling us about your birthday. Those do sound like fantastic presents!
Can't wait to see you on your vacation. We'll celebrate your birthday again, how bout?!

Posted by Blogger Michelle @ 2:43 AM #
 
<< Home