Friday, January 19, 2007
Friday Morning

I've realized I don't post enough day to day stuff and pictures. So, this morning while walking to work, I decided to capture the "beauty" of a rainy morning in Taipei. First I passed a car accident in front of our house. I had heard the crunch and subsequent shouting in Chinese when leaving my bedroom, so I wasn't surprised to find two cars wedged together at the intersection of lanes by our apartment. I walked by two of our local construction sites where 30 floor office buildings are going up and had to walk on the street to get by the trucks and cranes. At the other end of our block they are putting in a subway line so the street is full of vehicles and roadblocks. They are also building a station at our intersection, so that's another flock of jackhammers. Anyway, like I said it's rainy here, so I walked down our lane trying to dodge
kamikaze taxi drivers
apparently bent on hitting the biggest puddles so as to splash me head to toe. Near school I cross Dunhua (7 lanes) and walk past the scooters waiting at the light. They are very colorful on rainy days!

At school we are finishing up for the semester. Here's a picture of the grade form on the internet. Everything is in Chinese, but I'm finally getting the hang of it. We have to enter three section tests grades, daily grades (language, behavior and materials) as well as a comment code for each student. Have I mentioned I have 511 students? Well, okay, I only have to enter grades for 265 of them, but still!


And now it's lunch time! Because we have a staff meeting this afternoon, the school provided "lunch boxes". That basiclly means a surprise assortment of meats, vegetables and rice which Taiwanese people eat for lunch everyday. Usually I like 70% of the contents (for example, today I'm skipping the mushrooms and tofu). Now I just need a grande coffee to get me through a three hour teachers meeting in Chinese.
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home