Sunday, April 29, 2007

Life is Better

Last night after spending six hours at the office searching for Taipei hostels, flights to Singapore and Perth and grad schools, I went out to T.G.I.Fridays with Julia. They have a tempting three course menu that is to die for. After each of us ordered the special (Waitress: "You mean you aren't going to share?") and drinks, I saw one of my grade one boys, Oscar, come in with his father to get take out. I smiled at him and said hi, and he told his dad that I was his teacher. They came over afterwards to say hi and told us that they had paid our bill! By the way, speaking of sharing: at the table next to us, eight people were sharing one strawberry sundae. That's just wrong. I also got an email back this morning about a hostel in Taipei that's apartment style. They have all four bedrooms open so we could all move there for the summer and have the apartment to ourselves (whew, relief!)

Posted by Kathleen @ 9:15 AM