Monday, April 30, 2007
Monday
Carole arrived yesterday! Her luggage had been lost on the China/Hong Kong flight, but they delivered it. She got a major virus on her computer, but she's going to worry about that later. And on a happy note, she spent the day at Hong Kong Disneyland! After meeting my crazy assortment of roommates, she and I went to a modern dance at the National Theatre. It was great, and afterwards as we were leaving we sat down to watch an outdoor screening of the London Symphony Orchestra (which was playing inside the National Concert Hall). It was incredible to see hundreds of people sitting completely still and quiet to appreciate the symphony.My stress level is still sky high (the drilling in the ceiling of our office really does not help!) Thankfully, they are finally going to fix our leaking kitchen. I think I blogged about that before: the water is seeping up between the tiles! We've been mentioning it for at least a week, but today it started leaking down through the ceiling below us, into the principal's apartment. Well, the principal comes back today, so they are scrambling to fix it now!
Read or Post a Comment
Hi Kathleen. I know I don't comment very often, but if you want reassurance, I've got some. I've really enjoyed reading your blog, but I can't number the times I've said, "That poor girl, they're overworking her, she should come home and relax for a while!" I took some quotes from previous blog entries that especially made me feel for you.
"I'm pretty sure that I'd have a sick day in almost any job in Canada"
"Everyone who goes to the doctor here comes home with seven different kinds of medication and feel worse in the end"
"It's brutal being at work on a Monday morning without a weekend..."
"I could have never imagined such a change in the teachers from last year to now, but everyone is burning out."
"My stress level is still sky high (the drilling in the ceiling of our office really does not help!)"
Now, I know you love the kids and the cultural opportunities and the fun outings you describe. But, don't burn yourself out with the work! There are kids and cultural opportunities elsewhere in the world, too!