Monday, April 16, 2007
Weekend News
We had a great weekend, and I'm hoping for a smooth week ahead at school (the students are all drawing sun/shadow mandalas, so I just play music and supervise.) Would you believe that we found a restaurant about 2 blocks from our apartment that we had never seen before? It's an authentic french restaurant serving amazing dinner and dessert crepes. The selection and quality of restaurants in Taipei is really astounding (we've starting trying new ones each weekend).
I also splurged on some perfume this weekend; both of these scents I'd highly recommend. Of course, I got them at a discount perfume outlet so I felt justified in buying two kinds! 
On a more serious note, I officially let the school know that this will be my last semester in Taiwan. I feel great about the decision, and I'm leaving on good terms with the school and my company. I had been having second thoughts, but I found out they would be moving the accommodation from downtown Taipei to a small town about an hour commute. Yikes: boring and time consuming. Please don't ask me what I'm doing next, yet. The Amazing Race might pan out (although I'm not holding my breath), I might be called back about the Canadian foreign service or I may end up in Australia for a few months. No matter what, grad school is in the works for fall 2008.

Read or Post a Comment
I hope those perfumes smell great. Cuz their packages look like hammer pants and a panty liners box.