Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Coke Zero?

So has Coke Zero taken over Canada too? A month ago I had never tried it or seen it before, and now it has almost completely replaced Coke Light in Taipei. All the restaurants changed from Coke Light to Coke Zero as did the convenience stores. It happened so quickly that I still haven't decided if I'm upset about it! Maybe I should take it upon myself to buy a Diet Coke, a Coke Light and a Coke Zero and see if there is any difference (reminds me of many a fun day cheating the Pepsi/Coke taste test at Wonderland!)

Also, great news! We had sent a letter to the principle asking her to let us stay in the dorm for July, and she said yes. In fact, she changed her mind about making returning teachers move at all (causing me a few minutes of panic/regret/wondering). They are opening up a new MRT stop on our corner (MRT is the subway in Taipei) and I guess land prices are going up. They'll be tearing down our apartment at the end of next year to build nicer apartments anyway. Anyway, I'll have to pay rent, but I have a home for July!

By the way, all those people who think I should leave my stressful, chaotic life in Taipei and go to Australia/come back to Canada, I could use a bit of reassurance. Part of me desperately wants to leave, but the rest of me really, really wants to stay! I am making the right decision... right?



Posted by Kathleen @ 10:25 AM