Monday, June 04, 2007
Monday
Well, I can't say I'm feeling much better, although I have made it through two school days. My one consolation is that half of the grade nine students are wiped out with the same thing! They got it on Wednesday (and are still sick, ugh) and I got it on Friday, so I'm gonna blame them. It puts my mind at ease, and I don't feel as worried about avoiding the doctor.I did think at a few points during my day that the whole thing was quite absurd. I'm pretty sure that I'd have a sick day in almost any job in Canada, but here I am trying to corral baa-ing grade two students and noisy grade eight boys. One thing I've learned is that once five or more children are making an animal sound, there's really nothing to stop them except waiting it out! At the worst point in my day, I was trying to teach a "Caribbean Cruise Murder Mystery" to grade seven, and my supervisor walks by with a parade of visitors from Ohio (observing the school). I can usually hold my composure together for a bout a minute until the onlookers pass, but she apparently had a lot to explain, because they just stood there and stared (imagine the monkey cage at the zoo). I was sweaty from the fever (and wearing a sweater because I was cold), pale, blotchy, tired and, pretty quickly, blushing. Oh well, I've given up on trying to make a good impression on anyone in Taiwan.
Read or Post a Comment
<< Home